You are in for a treat this February!
Here is a list of upcoming events at 782:
- Friday, February 5th @ 6:30pm - Ladies Night at 782 - Bars & Beverages
- Saturday, February 13th @ 12pm - Fundamentals Starting
- Friday, February 19th @ 7:30pm - 782 Ski Night at Brookvale
- Thursday, February 25th - Open Season 2016 Begins!
- Saturday, February 27th - Open Workout @ 782 - Bowling at The Alley in the evening!
Throughout the week train hard and enjoy your weekend. More details on all events to follow.
On the weekend we had a great trip to Moncton. Here are how our athletes finished:
- Men's Rx: Aaron Fitzpatrick (17th), Brett Hancock (25th)
- Women's Scaled: Katrina Morse (16th), Jill Jeffery (26th), Holly Steveson (30th), Caley MacLean (42nd)
- Men's Scaled: Geoff Pellerin (5th), Ty McAdam (42nd)
- Women's Icebreaker: Hannah Oatway (7th)
Also a big shoutout to friends of 782 who sometimes grace us with their presence:
- Men's Rx: Alex O'Halloran (4th)
- Men's Scaled: Nick Desroches (45th)
It was a very, very competitive weekend for all athletes in extremely competitive categories. There were at least 30 competitors in each of these categories with more than 50 in most divisions. Each athlete represented themselves well on the floor and competed to the very end in each workout. When you see them in the gym give them a big double high five and ask them how their individual weekend went!
With the open coming up you will see less of a strength portion and conditioning portion and more of a hybrid version of both. We want you to continue to squat, press, and deadlift, but we want to save the volume and intensity for the workout so it will just be listed as strength and conditioning with some accessory work to follow on certain days.
- Freestanding Handstand
- Handstand with wall support
- Handstand Walking
We'll all kick off with the headstand to warmup and then send people on their way to work on a specific skill. A few people will be challenged with a handstand walking scheme, while others will work on holding a freestanding handstand or practice this skill against the wall.
5 rounds for time
- 3 strict or deficit HSPU
- 5 squat cleans (185/125lbs) (135/95lbs) (95/65lbs)
- 7 burpees over the bar
This one looks very spicy. Go heavy on the squat cleans and crush it.
- Team 782