Hi. Hello. Hey!
Another sweet long weekend gone by. A lot of work done on the Island and off Island. Big shout out to all our athletes that competed over in the Maritime Mayhem in Saint John!
- Mikey C. - My man crushed his first ever comp by taking a couple of 1sts and a couple of 2nds en route to 1st place overall. Total Domination!
- Allion B. - Usually on the sidelines taking some amazing photos, she stepped up on to the mat this day and competed hard in her first ever CrossFit competition!
- T-MAC - First ever comp without his main man Bryan Daye, Terry was in tough against a field of veteran Masters athletes, but just missed a podium finish after a great showing all day making it to the finals!
- JJ - Our lovely coach here made us all proud before even stepping on to the floor with a big move into the Rx game and surprised herself (but none of us) with impressive performances in each workout. You da man cool guy!
- The Legend himself - We all know Mike Ives can compete, but these days he has been taking his game to a whole other level by jumping in with the big boys and holding his own weekend in and weekend out. Throwing big weight around and looking good doing it!
- Greg & Aaron - We all see these two boys training day in and day out and know what they are are capable of and the whole world took notice again this weekend, with everyone asking where these two boys from 782 came from. They come in and put in the work and always bring that good natured intensity.
- Greg W. - The big man has taken his training to a whole other level over the past year focusing on his all around game and continuing to build on his strength. This weekend he was able to show off this progress making it all the way to the finals with a big 5th place finish.
- Aaron F. - Aaron came in today and cemented his spot as someone to watch in the Maritimes with an event win on the Thruster ladder, a trip to the finals, and a spot on the podium in 3rd place.
Congrats to all our athletes that competed and hope that fires you all up for the upcoming Island Throwdown in Summerside on November 26th!
Pullups & Power Cleans
We'll take 15 minutes to work on these two skills. After the warmup we'll get you on the bar and get a bit of strength work in for those looking to get their strict pullups. For those who have them we'll get them warmed up for the workout.
- Banded/Partner Strict Pullups x 3reps x 5sets OR Kipping/Butterfly C2B x 6-8reps x 3sets OR Muscle Ups x 2-3reps x 3sets
Once we have that done you will get your bar out for the power cleans and get your weight set up. Take about 7-8 for that work on the pullups and then 7-8 minutes on building your weight for the workout. You don't need to build too much past what you plan on using in the workout.
- 10 C2B or Pullups or Ring Rows
- 5 Power Cleans (205/135lbs) (165/110lbs) (115/75lbs)
- 8 C2B or Pullups or Ring Rows
- 4 Power Cleans
- 6 C2B/Pullups/Ring Rows
- 3 Power Cleans
- 4 C2B/Pullups/Ring Rows
- 2 Power Cleans
- 2 C2B/Pullups/Ring Rows
- 1 Power Clean
Little bit of grip and hip work today!
Start slow and be efficient in your movement.
- Team 782